10.24.2008

My tea from the UK arrived!

I am diving into the world of puerh head first and everyone is doing their best to help guide me. Kudos to the people at Tea Chat that have been very helpful and informative on giving me a place to start.

Nada was kind enough to send me "A journey through the ages of shengpu." The package just arrived and I can't wait to dig in. However, I have other things to do today so I'm going to have to wait.

Here's a list of what I received, and tasting notes will follow once I start brewing.

70's Loose Leaf Puerh
80's Wet Stored Tuocha
80's Bamboo Wrapped Tuocha (dry stored)
90's Tuocha
2001 Yiwu Zhengshan
2007 12 Gentleman Yiwu
2008 Nannuoshan 'Cha Chan Yi Wei'



Nada, please correct spellings if needed, reading handwriting on Chinese words is not easy. ^_^ Thank you so much again and I'll let you know how I like them!

4 comments:

nada said...

Hey Toads,

Your spellings all seem fine except the last one...

I think my handwriting wasn't clear & the n's look like m's

so it's Nannuoshan (the mountain) and 'Cha Chan Yi Wei' (the name I gave the tea)

all these are just pedantries though - I hope you enjoy the tea :)

nada.

toastedtoads said...

Thanks Nada,

The tea arrive the day after my "vacation" ended, so now back to the ol' work day. I think since my dog insists on waking me up at 7am every day (I don't have to be at work until 9:30) I might start making an hour for myself in the morning before getting showered and dressed, etc.

I actually had one of my Hou De samples from 1999 last night, and I've learned that I am awful at describing things. I know that's not really the point and I just want to enjoy the tea, but if I can describe what it tasted like I can tell the people around me who now think I'm crazy, and I can also tell all of you crazy people to help me figure out what I like.

Thanks again! Have fun on your trip.

-sarah

Salsero said...

That looks like a beautiful journey you have ahead of you, and Nada is the perfect tour guide. I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes.

As you read other people's reviews of tea and get a little more experience I think you will find that it is not so difficult to describe at least some broad outlines of a tea tasting experience.

Wes Crosswhite said...

Wow, that is the best dealer-suggested tasting package I've ever seen.

I'm actually quite jealous!